General Billing Policies
- New members: For all types of ongoing accounts, new customers must pay a $20 sign-up fee in advance. Returning customers are not charged a sign-up fee. Some services also require set up fees, all of which are due in advance.
- Monthly Billing: Customers are billed for each month on the first day of the next month. The bill will be for the customer’s monthly rate plus any excess time used past the allotment for the previous month. Payment is due by the last day of the month in which the bill is sent. If payment is not received by the due date, a second notice will be mailed and a late fee maybe due. If payment is not received by the 15th day of the following month, the account will be suspended. Suspended or hibernating accounts may be re-activated following payment of all past-due fees. Accounts may be hibernated without charge at the owner’s request.
- Dial-up: Southwest Cyberport charges a monthly fee for a block of dial-up hours, and an hourly rate for hours over that amount.
- Broadband: Customers are charged in advance of the service.
- Account Groups:A single business or household which purchases an account (the Primary Account) may purchase extra accounts, called Secondary Accounts or POP Accounts POP accounts have access to email only. Full Secondary Accounts have additional abilities such as SSH login, FTP, and hosting web sites. It is the responsibility of the Primary Account holder to ensure that all secondary account users comply with all SWCP Policies.
- Advance payment: 5% for paying 6 months ahead of receiving service, and 10% for a year. At least 6 months prepayment is necessary for Email Only accounts using no other SWCP services.
- Webhosting for Non-profit Websites: Discounted to $10/month for Basic Webhosting, $15/month for Professional Webhosting; plus the normal Domain Name Registration/transfer/year charges.
- BUS Broadband discounts: Members using SWCP BUS Online Backup Services with SWCP-provided broadband can get Desktop Backup for only $7/month (regularly $10/month), and Server Backup for just $20 (regularly $25/month).
- Aliases: Domain aliases for websites hosted by SWCP.
- Mail forwarding: Email forwarding to other accounts belonging to the owner of an SWCP account either of the original emails, or copies.
- Listings: All business web-publishing accounts are entitled to entries in SWCP’s Business Directory and E-Promenade upon request. Personal, non-commercial webpages are also free for members.
- By SWCP: SWCP reserves the right to cancel any account at any time, for any reason or no reason. If a customer’s account is terminated by SWCP or the customer, the unused portion of the pre-paid fees (starting at the end of the month of termination) will be returned, minus damages caused by Customer, if any. Cancellation by SWCP shall be effective immediately upon SWCP removing Customer’s access privileges from SWCP facilities; but SWCP shall promptly notify Customer.
- By Customer: Customer may cancel their account at any time, for any reason or no reason. SWCP will reimburse Customer for any unused and prorated portion of pre-paid fees. Customer must pay any fees incurred up to the day of service termination. Cancellation by Customer will be effective on the day that SWCP receives notice in writing. Electronic mail notification shall not suffice (for Customer’s protection). Note that actual termination of broadband and other prepaid services will not occur before the end of the billing cycle (e.g., the start of the next month.
- Data Retention: When Customer’s account is terminated, Customer’s data residing on SWCP computers will be stored for up to 6 months. After 6 months the data will be erased without warning Customer. Arrangements may be made at any time prior to the six months to transfer the data to Customer, at Customer’s expense and SWCP’s convenience.
- Hibernation: Accounts may be made dormant: inactive, but not deleted. This is done at the customer’s request when the account will not be used for over a month or more. There is no charge for hibernation and no charges accrue during the inactive period (not pro-rated; determined by the Accounting department). Secondary accounts cannot be independently hibernated.
- Reinstating Accounts: Any cancelled account may be reinstated upon request and SWCP’s receipt of unpaid fees, unless terminated by SWCP for non-payment or other reasons. A $30 Account Restoration fee may be charged in such cases.