SWCP provides domain name service and domain registration service for an annual fee. The fee to transfer a domain registration to SWCP is the same as to register that domain for one year. The transfer process extends the current registration period on the domain by one year. The most common domains (.com, .net, .org) are usually $20/yr, but domains in general have widely varying prices. See Domain Pricing for complete pricing information, including discounts for multi-year registrations.
How do I Register a New Domain Name?
Give us a call at 505-232-7992. We can check availability for you and take your registration request over the phone. Or you can see if your chosen name has already been taken with our Check Domain Availability search tool. If you’re an SWCP customer, you can register online through your Members page at https://members.swcp.com/cpt/domreg.php.
Why register your domains at SWCP?
- Fast, flexible, accurate: DNS records are confusing, even for IT professionals, if you don’t deal with them on a daily basis. We have DNS experts who can help you interpret cryptic DNS requests and make the changes you need quickly and safely, without risking downtime for your web site or email.
- Renewal tracking: when SWCP is your domain registrar, we track your domain’s renewal schedule and notify you in time to avoid penalties and potentially expensive pitfalls of losing a domain.
- WHOIS Privacy: the DNS system demands that accurate address and email contact information be associated with each domain registration. The public nature of WHOIS records has made them a gold mine for spammers and unethical marketers. We offer WHOIS Privacy for most domains. The cost is an additional $5/yr for each domain. Simply tell us to turn it on when you order.
- Hassle-free transfers: If you decide you need or want to transfer your domain to another registrar, we will provide you with the needed authorization codes right away. No foot-dragging, no “please don’t go” emails, and no arbitrary “transfer locks” to trick you into staying.
- Designated Agent: By accepting our Domain Registration Agreement, you designate our domain partner, OpenSRS, as the Designated Agent for your domain. This allows us to process many types of information updates (for example, changing the name or email address of the registrant) automatically without requiring a flurry of additional email authorizations.
SWCP offers SSL certificates for your e-commerce applications, mail servers, VPN server appliances, and more. Certificates start at $95/year. Our renewal tracking system ensures that your certificate never expires unexpectedly. See our SSL Certificates page for details.
We can register foreign domains and the new generic TLDs!
Check our Domain Pricing page for a complete list of all the domains we can handle, with pricing and restriction information.